Sep 25, 2012

Earning Our Keep

Our move to Utah came up quite unexpectedly, and because of that, we really had not looked into the housing market. Rather than trying to find something online and getting stuck in a dump, Nate's parents graciously offered to let our little family of four to stay with them until we found a suitable home. Because we are good parents, we want to instill the value of hard work into our children and feel that it is never to early to start. With that in mind, Bryn got locked outside until she did some chores to earn her keep.


And as all girls know, you really can't start cleaning without first putting your hair into a messy ponytail. Bryn actually agreed to this because I showed her that she still would have "crazy hair." 




Bryn worked hard to keep the dirt out of the flower bed. It takes a lot of deep, deep concentration to work a broom that is twice your size. We cracked the whip until the early signs of blisters began to show up. I guess next time we should at least provide her with gloves. And no, we don't feel bad about making our children pay off our debts. I never said we were nice parents. . . just good parents. (ha ha)

 


2 comments:

HeatherLovesClay said...

I can't believe how big she is getting!!! So excited to see you guys next month!

Jocelyn Pehrson said...

I just want to squeeze her, she is so cute! I love her topknot. I also think you guys are awesomely good parents.

Post a Comment