Nov 11, 2014

Cousins

People say Grandma's house is the place cousins go to become best friends. Well, for these three little hooligans, it didn't take long for them to become inseparable. The other night Nate and I went out sans children and it was wonderful. I stole these pictures from my sister-in-law Erin. When I asked her how the night went, she replied, "It was easy. The three of them entertained each other the entire night."


But what would a night with cousins be if there weren't a few injuries to report? Apparently, my daughter can be pretty vicious with a bat. I would like to think she was using it with some sort of skill or purpose, but realistically I am sure she was waving it around like a wand and accidentally conked Hudson with it. Liam, who is a wild little daredevil, just finished a nosedive off the chair. This is his "I'm-not-sure-what-went-wrong look."


Despite a couple minor incidents, I was told the kids got along great. They played together so well that Liam told his mom to get lost a few times. I firmly believe behind closed doors and away from the watchful eyes of the parents, the kids swap stories and tips on how best to terrorize their parents. Trust me, they are pros at it.


Eventually bedtime rolled around for the younger boys and the real fun began. Nate and I arrived back a little after midnight and found these two curled up in bed together. The next morning all throughout breakfast, Bryn chattered non-stop about the 'girls' night' she had with Erin after the boys went to sleep. I think somedays it is a little hard being the only Burk granddaughter, but last night Bryn didn't mind one bit. Bryn emphasized that she was the only one who got to paint her nails and got to stay up late to watch a princess movie. Being the oldest and the only girl definitely has its perks. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment