Our second stop on the European tour was Venice! Venice is one of Nate's favorite places in Europe from his earlier excursions. Something about the laid back, romantic atmosphere just sneaks up on you. The food was beyond delicious, and even if the weather was cold it still was just a nice change of pace from the hustle and bustle of Paris. The island is just big enough that you feel like you always have something to see, yet it is small enough that you don't feel pressured to hurry and see what's around the next bend.
#1 lesson learned about Venice: No wireless internet access anywhere
#2 lesson learned about Venice: You will get lost. Guaranteed. Get a good map!
#3 lesson learned about Venice: Venice has it all. Food, shopping, great architecture, and atmosphere.
With that in mind.... Let's get to the pictures!
St. Mark's square sans pigeons. Usually there are thousands of them in the square
but apparently they don't enjoy the cold Mediterranean winter weather.
The Grand Canal
Gondola ride - $80/person. No thanks.
We found out why they call it the "road of passion"
Also, we felt bad about not finding an international shoe store named for our other sister
in-law Heather. So we found a street named after their amazing little boy Zane!
Hopefully all is now forgiven :)
Our room. Slightly better than our shanty in Paris.
Italian food > French food
The instant reaction to your first taste of a Fritella Venezia
I seriously want a painting of this Canal for our house!
Jen now has no qualms about eating chocolate
Venice is best seen at night
Next stop. Rome!!!
























4 comments:
Thank you kindly!
Beautiful pictures!
Didn't know you could do it, but my 'wee bit jealous' just shot up a few notches to 'a little jealous'. Venice is at the top of my list of places to visit someday. Looks like you two were very "passionate" about Venice yourselves. :)
I hope it's not weird I'm writing you guys. I saw the post on FB and I had to take a look. I'm so excited for you guys to have such a great trip! You should know my dad was from Padova, the city just next to Venezia. How cool you got to live that magical atmosphere. And.. I'm about to make some Frittelle alla Veneziana con Crema Pasticcera, mmmmm! I'm so glad you had the chance to taste them!
Your little girl is the cutest, troppo bella!
Baci
Naomi :)
Post a Comment