These two little kids sure do love each other. After Hudson was born, I had a lot of people ask me if Brynlee was ever jealous of Hudson or unkind to him. I would have to say that she is the complete opposite. Bryn absolutely adores her little "Huddy Buddy" and certainly isn't bashful when it comes to showing it. Hudson is equally enamored with his sister and is constantly entertained by her crazy antics. Any time Hudson hears her voice, he is constantly looking around for her. Now, whether that is because he can't wait to see her, or because he wants to have a visual confirmation of her whereabouts at all times, has yet to be determined.
And then there are times when Bryn "loves" on Hudson a little too much. I mean a guy can only take so many slobbery kisses and cheek squishes. On the rare occasion that Hudson is a little fussy, Bryn has two ways of diffusing the situation. The first is to say "Shhh. There, there baby. It's ok," in a very soft and soothing voice. Or she will shriek, "Hudson! Knock it off!" usually accompanied by the I-mean-business-finger-point. I seriously don't know how she comes up with this stuff. The only time I say "knock it off" is usually when she is flinging milk and cheerios across the kitchen. She not only remembers the phrase, but uses it in the proper context too.
Bryn loves to play with Hudson although she is not fond of sharing any of her "good" toys. Whenever I ask her to give Hudson something to play with, more often or not, she will hand him a shoe or a burp cloth and expect him to be satisfied. Sharing is still a work in progress.
Bryn is really enjoying the "big sister role" aka being "miss bossy pants." A few weeks ago at church, we were getting ready to say the closing prayer and Bryn turns to Hudson and says, "Close your eyes!" She refused to close her eyes until she was satisfied that Hudson was being sufficiently reverent.
These two make me laugh, drive me crazy, and melt my heart all in the same day. I simply can't get enough of them.
These two make me laugh, drive me crazy, and melt my heart all in the same day. I simply can't get enough of them.
2 comments:
I love that picture of Bryn with the double barrettes. So happy they love each other :)
Erica, that is actually a headband that bryn chooses to wear backwards : )
Post a Comment