Dec 1, 2012

The Class of 2002

I will pretend nobody here knows how to do math and therefore will admit that my ten year class reunion was held this summer in Monticello. It still seems a little weird that I have been out of high school for ten years. It seems like only a short time ago I was spending my nights traveling for sports and hanging out at Woody's with people I have known since kindergarten. I had been debating whether or not I wanted to drive down to Monticello because we just went down there a month ago. Nostalgia won and I decided that I wanted to see the people who I grew up with. That's one of the advantages of growing up in a small town. It's enjoyable going to reunions because you know everyone there. Needless to say, I am very glad I went and am already looking forward to the next one. I had so much fun catching up with old friends and meeting their spouses that I literally did not take one picture. I stole these from my friends. 


Looking at the picture below, you might think that we didn't have a very good turn out. Sad as it is to say, we actually had quite the showing. Those pictured represent just under half of the graduating class of 2002. I told you I was from a small town. And believe it or not, our girl/boy ration was pretty evenly matched despite what it looks like here. Nate was great the entire night. He even went out of his way to talk to one of my friends' boyfriend who clearly felt out of place. This is one of many reasons why I love him. He can strike up a conversation with just about anyone and has a way of putting people at ease within minutes. When the evening ended, I had to admit it was fun wandering down memory lane, but oddly enough, it was even more comforting to be pulled back into the present, holding hands with Nate as we drove home to our awaiting kids. 


1 comments:

Kate said...

I totally know what you meant by the last sentence. As much fun as I had I am glad we aren't in high school anymore and that we've grown up (I guess it had to happen sometime). Although, let's not wait 10 years to visit again! Lindsey and I are in Tooele...I'm not sure who else is in the "up north" area, but maybe we should do a little more visiting soon. Kids & husbands welcome too, of course.

Post a Comment