Jan 23, 2013

Workin at the Car Wash

Now that Nate has a long driveway, he has plenty of space to work on all his projects. Lately, he has been constructing a smoker to use during his upcoming football games. However, on today's agenda was a good old fashioned car wash for the 4-Runner. Nate and his lovely assistant got all the necessary brushes, hoses, and soap ready and then Operation: Caught Ridin Dirty commenced.


As of late, Bryn has had a mild obsession with cleaning. She loves to scrub the plates and cups while I do dishes, could spend all day wiping her toys off, and would clean the entertainment center with wet wipes all day if I would let her. I like this new found hobby of hers and do my best to encourage this extra-curricular activity. I don't have high hopes of this behavior continuing once she is a teenager, so I will get as much cleaning out of her now while I can. Needless to say, Bryn was a very willing participant helping Nate scrub down the car. Nate, being the gracious guy that he is, let Bryn work on the front of the car where all the bugs were splattered on. How thoughtful of him, right? After awhile, Bryn figured out that she was given the hardest task and decided to play in her little inflatable pool instead.





And what was Hudson and I doing while those two slaved away in the hot sun you ask? We sat in the house and enjoyed the nice air conditioning. However, I did make some strawberry lemonade slushies for the day laborers so that has to count for something. Hudson here is not quite five months old and yet he is already a genius. He has found that the quickest way to get out of work is to stick out that bottom lip and blow a few raspberries. That'll get you out of work every time. Pure genius, I tell you.


And Nate here thought he was being so clever and was going to spray me with the hose. I was in no mood for a wet t-shirt contest, so I quickly reminded him that I was carrying an extremely expensive camera. That put a damper on his original poorly conceived plan, but didn't stop him from throwing a sponge at my backside as I lugged Hudson back into the house. Don't you worry though, I will settle the score soon enough.


0 comments:

Post a Comment