Now that I have some chompers, Mom and Dad think that I need to start eating real food. I am ok with this because I have quite the voracious appetite, and I don't mind adding a little variety into my diet. Dad seems to think I need to be huge so I can play football and make hims lots of money. Mom says that football is too dangerous and wants me to be involved in something more dignified like golf. Maybe I'll just join the band to show them they can't boss me around.
The first day Mom gave me some mush mixed with milk. I wasn't overly impressed with it. She tried to spice things up by making all these weird faces and smiling really big while saying, "Mmmm." I humored her for a few bites just because I love her and she was trying really hard bless her heart.
Now according to all these baby books, you are supposed to introduce new foods into the diet slowly. It's a good thing that my mom doesn't really read those books because if I had to choke down that bland mush for a week I would have gone on a hunger strike in protest. Granted, I could live off my reserves for a couple of weeks, but still, I don't make idle threats. Mom decided to introduce squash a couple of days later. I shuddered and made some pretty crazy faces but did manage to finish the stuff. Then, to what I can only attribute to divine intervention, Mom started giving me mashed avocados and peas. Pretty sure they are the greatest stuff on earth. Oh, and spoons. I am a big fan of spoons.
0 comments:
Post a Comment