Hudson is now 5 months old. Eeek! I find myself telling him everyday to stop growing up so fast. And just like his sister, he prefers to pretend he didn't hear me. To be honest, I love this stage in babies. It is a time when they start to grow out of the newborn stage, plump up, and personalities really start to show through. Hudson is starting push himself up onto his forearms and breaks into a grin every time secretly congratulating himself on accomplishing this amazing fete. He is also quite flexible and likes to impress everyone with his party tricks like grabbing his toys with his toes and producing pools of drool.
Speaking of drooling, Hudson has officially entered into the teething phase and it has come with a vengeance. Last week when we were in church, Hudson gets bored with chewing on his hand and grabs the next available thing which just so happened to be Nate's finger. After a good chomp, Nate quickly jerked out his finger and mouths to me "I think Hudson is getting teeth!" I give him and odd look and shake my head as if such an event is impossible. Bryn didn't start teething until she was like 9 months old. Nate tilts Hudson back and peers into his mouth. Without even looking in Hudson's mouth, I know that Nate's big grin is in fact a "ha ha told you so" smile. I peer into Hudson's mouth and there are not one but TWO teeth just getting ready to break through the gums on the bottom. Gulp. We will see how long this nursing thing continues. But if we are speaking candidly, this boy could afford to miss a couple of meals. His cheeks and thighs just continue to blossom, and I swear this kid is going to catch up to Bryn in weight by the end of the year. Hudson's body is so amazing, that even Nate gets a little jealous sometimes.
Even though he is starting to get some teeth, this little boy is still all smiles. Some parents have a hard time getting pictures of their kids smiling, and yet, I am hard pressed to find a picture where he isn't smiling. How we love this little guy! And you know what? By all his sweet expressions he gives us, we think that he is quite fond of us too.
0 comments:
Post a Comment