Heaven help me. Hudson has officially become mobile. At the beginning of the month, Nate and I were sitting in Sunday school attempting to keep Hudson entertained. After a few minutes, I placed him on the ground with a few toys and assumed he would roll around a bit while those around us debated the finer points of Gospel Doctrine. Within seconds, Hudson worked himself up onto all fours, crawled over to the nearest chair, and proceeded to tip the chair over. Nate was able to catch it before it completely hit the floor, after which he said with a smile, "Things are about to get interesting around here."
And he sure was right. Sometimes, I feel as though I am the proud owner of a new dog. I have a little chubby guy who follows me everywhere on all fours. I am on constant vigil so I do not step or trip over this little guy. Plus, I have a sneaking suspicion he eats anything that remotely resembles food since I find fewer leftovers on the floor after sweeping. He is also very good at going through bins, removing its contents, and hides them throughout the house. Seriously, who needs a dog?
Hudson now has five teeth and a mane of crazy hair. Bryn and I love to put water in his hair and then make it stand on all ends. He is due for a hair cut, but I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Maybe next month.
And one last little story. After my first day back at work, I walked into the house, anxious to see my babies and not quite sure what I would find. Bryn heard me come in first, and sprinted to the door and launched herself into my legs. She proceeded to hug my legs while she told me all about her day at Rebecca's house (our neighbor). Bryn had just started to tell me what she had eaten for lunch, when Nate walked into the living room carrying Hudson in his arms. Once Hudson saw me, his eyes lit up, and then he lunged for me, nearly falling out of Nate's arms. "Umm, so I think he wants to see you," Nate explained as he put Hudson in my arms. Hudson then gave me about twenty open-mouthed sloppy kisses all over my face. In that moment, with my little girl wrapped around my legs, and my little man nearly cutting off my air supply, I couldn't have been happier. My little babes had missed me, but surely not as much as I had missed them.
0 comments:
Post a Comment