Apr 24, 2013

Hudson 6 Months

While we were in Monticello, Hudson hit the six month mark. I took him into the doctors office a few days after we got home for his check up. The nurse called us back and proceeded to do all her weighing and measuring. When it came time to check his height, she pulled his leg straight, made her mark on the paper, and recorded the measurement. She left the room only to return a couple of minutes later and asked if she could remeasure him. Once again she checked his height and walked away shaking her head. I didn't really think anything of this until the doctor came into the room, looked at his measurements and asked, "Did the nurse measure his height?" I responded with "Yes, twice actually." By this time, I was a little perplexed so I asked if there was a problem. The doctor responded with, "No. He is just really tall. Like off the charts tall." I just smiled and thought to myself, "Seriously?!? You don't need a medical degree to know that." Needless to say, this boy is a giant and it's no wonder that he out grows pants and pajamas faster then I can buy them. His official stats are:

17 lbs 15 oz (60% weight)
17 3/4 inches (head circufrence 80%)
29 inches (99% off the charts)


With all those rolls of fat, I was a little surprised that he was only in the 60th percentile for weight. There must be some super chunky babies out there. Can I just tell you how much I love fat babies! And apparently I am not alone in that thought. Anytime Grandma Steph is around, she can't help but kiss this little boy.



Hudson has still kept his sweet sunny disposition and now gets excited about a lot more things. Particularly food. Once he sees you mixing up some food or opening a jar, his legs start moving and he starts reaching with his arms. He will squawk at you if for some reason you are too slow making the food or are not feeding him fast enough. He can be a little demanding, but in his defense a growing boy needs his food.



Hudson's best friend is still none other than Miss Bryn. Bryn is his protector, tormentor, and best friend all rolled into one. Lately we have been having the problem of Bryn waking Hudson up during the middle of his naps because Bryn "misses her Huddy Buddy and wants him to come play." Bryn is fiercely loyal to her little brother and is always concerned when Hudson is crying, even if she is the one who caused him to cry. When Nate wrestles with Hudson, Bryn is quick to "save him" if she thinks Dad is getting too rough. If she is this protective of him now, it will be interesting to see how things progress as they get older. Heaven help anyone who wrongs "her Hudson." I love to hear these two giggling together. Hudson is constantly entertained by Brynlee even when she is a little overbearing i.e. like climbing on top of him and trying to ride him like a horse. I just love these kids.



2 comments:

HeatherLovesClay said...

He is tall! These tall men make tall little boys, for sure. You are in for a big boy, just like Zaner! I looked back through my old posts to see what Zane was at 6 months and he was 29 1/2 inches and 19 lbs, 20 oz. It seems like they are pretty close to right on track, just a couple years apart! With all those awesome rolls, I can't believe he is only in the 60th percentile!!!

HeatherLovesClay said...

Not 20 ounces. Dumb me. 11 ounces.

Post a Comment