Mr. Burk is officially one year away from being old (30). I can make fun of him because, first of all, I am his wife and therefore certain rights and privileges are mine to claim, which include and are not limited to, making fun of your aging spouse, and secondly, I still have a good ten months before I will be in that same boat. Since going to Italy for a delicious authentic Italian dinner was not a viable option, Nate settled with going to Settebello. Settebello is an amazing little pizzeria that serves the super thin crust Italian pizza baked in a wood-fired oven. Once removed from the oven, it is then topped with arugula, prosciutto, fresh parmesan, and other amazing ingredients.
Mark and Charlene came with us and rounded out the birthday gang. We started with a caprese salad and focaccia bread and then ordered our meals. Nate and I each ordered our favorite, the Pizza Marguerite, which is a simple pizza covered in marinara sauce, mozzarella, and fresh basil. Nate gobbled his up while I shared with Bryn and Hudson. Bryn picked at hers, but Hudson had no problem finishing a piece and a half by himself. Big surprise there.
Following dinner we headed back to our house for some birthday cake. . . uhh, I mean pie. Nate decided that for his birthday he wanted a Lemon Sour Cream pie. What the birthday boy wants, the birthday boy gets. Can I just say how hard it was to hunt down a place that makes that kind of pie? I must have called half a dozen bakeries and kept getting turned down. Each of them them had some variation with lemon in it, but I still kept hunting for the exact kind he asked for. Finally, I tried Marie Calendars and got a lucky break. They had one left in stock. I told them to guard it with their life and that I would be there in fifteen minutes to pick it up.
I honestly believe that had Nate been the only one there, he would have shoved his face in the pie and wouldn't have even bother with a fork. If you look closely, I think you might even be able to see the drool that started to form around the corners of his mouth.
Nate's co-workers were kind enough to celebrate his big day at work and then sent him home with all the leftover cupcakes. Now cupcakes are my kind of birthday treat. Bryn and I were more than happy to devour those delicious treats. Of course, Bryn chose the cupcake with pink frosting. I swear we could dye a piece of wood pink and she would eat it.
And Handsome chose the best seat in the house, with Grandma Charlene who was very generous in sharing her dessert. Smart boy. Nate got some money from his parents that he is planning on putting towards a mini Apple computer. The kids got him a case of red cream soda, and I got him a gift card to his favorite store, Home Depot. That place is a treasure trove of goodies for him and I'm sure there is something there that he has had his eye on for a few weeks. Happy birthday Babe! We love you!




0 comments:
Post a Comment