Brynlee's creativity never ceases to amaze me. One day she got bored reading while lying in her bed, so she set out to find the perfect little reading nook and came up with this free standing shelf in her closet. I walked in there and found her "reading her ABCs" to all her friends. She absolutely loves to read and we make a trip to the library at least once a week. Often times I will find her reading to herself. And, although she has some of her favorite books memorized, like "I Love You, Through and Through" and "Brown Bear, Brown Bear," most of the time she will just make up stories and tell them to Hudson. If Hudson is not being particularly cooperative that day, then she will tell them to her stuffed animals.
As you can see, she has the makings of her own little mini library thanks to me and my mom. I loved reading when I was younger and still do, even though it now takes me much longer to finish books. Nate has threatened several times to put the kibosh on finding new books for her collection, but I quickly remind him of all the great benefits of reading. Secretly (or maybe not so secretly), he is glad that we live so close to the library as this has drastically reduced our book buying. Besides, I have found that threatening to take away her books is a very effective bargaining tool.
0 comments:
Post a Comment