There is something magical about the first snowfall of the year. Big, beautiful, white flakes fly through the sky blanketing the surroundings in a soft white powder. Everything is . . . oh who am I kidding? I hate snow. I was trying to be optimistic, but to say that I was happy about the first snowfall of the year would make me a liar. So, I will keep my thoughts about snow to myself, and share with you photos from the the enjoyable afternoon with those who were brave enough to venture out.
Last week, Nate went to Home Depot to buy a snow shovel in preparation for the snowy weather that would soon rear its ugly head. Nate was even able to find a child size snow shovel for Bryn. In the days leading up to the storm, Nate literally had Bryn worked up into a frenzy over her new shovel. She was so excited to try it out. Also in preparation, Nate went to Old Navy and purchased Bryn her first official pair of snow pants. And so for the next few days a pattern continued to repeat itself: a two and a half year old wearing her new snow pants while staring longingly out the window for the first hint of snow. When the snow finally came, even I couldn't help being a little excited. Bryn's enthusiasm was infectious.
Rather than slowly acclimating to the snow, Nate thought it was better if Bryn jumped right in. And by jumped, I mean threw. Nate threw her into the snow and then began to teach her the finer points of catching snowflakes with your tongue and making snow angels. After playing for a few minutes, it was time to get to work. Nate brought out the new shovels and after a few minutes of instructions, Bryn was shoveling snow right alongside Nate.
All in all, I think Nate was quite please with his purchases and even more pleased that he found a willing participant to help him shovel the driveway. I can say with confidence that next year he will gladly enlist the help of Hudson even though I can see Bryn and Hudson fighting over the shovel. Maybe Nate will have to invest in another shovel in order to keep the peace.
And of course, Bryn thought this was hysterical. Those two are always in cahoots with each other. I need to start brainwashing Hudson now so he will choose to be on Team Jen in the future. If he choses to join the "dark side" (aka Bryn and Nate), then I will be at a huge disadvantage. And that, my friends, is never a good thing.
0 comments:
Post a Comment