Oct 3, 2013

El Sombrero

First of all, for all those politically correct haters out there, I am aware that this is not a sombrero. This is in fact an authentic Tahitian straw hat made for Nate while on his mission, and it has quickly become the bane of my existence. Somehow Brynlee came across this little gem, and has scarcely taken it off since that fateful day. This hat has quickly become the source of nearly every conflict in our house over the last week and, if we only had a fireplace, it would solve all my problems.



And just for an abstract comparison, I want to liken the effects this hat has on its wearer to the effects one might exhibit while drinking alcohol. First of all, this hat brings out the wild and craziness that is buried deep within. One might lose all sense of inhibition and be perfectly fine with that. It is often paired with food that enhances it taste. It is possible to lose your clothes while wearing this hat, making it difficult for one to remember where said clothes were discarded. Confusion can be present accompanied by animosity if someone tries to take it from you by saying, "You've been cut off." And lastly, one might wake up with injuries (like a gash on the forehead) to which one would have no recollection on how it was received. Like I said, I need to burn this hat. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment