My sweet little nephew Talmage turns three on December 2nd. Due to geographic complications, we have never been able to celebrate with him, so we were extremely excited when we learned that Jocelyn's dad and step-mom wanted to throw an impromptu birthday party for him. After all the errands we ran earlier, Hudson was not feeling particularly festive, so we left him at home with Nate and headed down to Bountiful for the party.
Here we have all the lords and ladies who attended the royal fanfare. As you can see, the ladies outnumbered the lords which the gentleman didn't seem to mind one bit. While hot dogs and potato chips were being prepared, all the kids decorated their own crowns. Brynlee was having the time of her life bedazzling her crown with jewels and glitter. So much so, that it took us nearly a week to remove all the glitter from her hair and scalp.
After dinner, the boys scarfed down some birthday cupcakes while most of the girls daintly picked at their cupcakes. And when I say "picked," what I really mean is just ate the frosting. I swear, we should have just given them a bowl of frosting with a spoon and said, "Here you go. Knock yourselves out."
While the kids ate, I was able to spend a little quality time with my newest little nephew Trisdan. It took a little while for him to warm up to me, but by the end of the night we were snuggle buddies. He is so small compared to my little moose. And I just love the smell of new babies. . . almost makes me miss having a newborn around, but then that moment of insanity passes and I think, "Nope. I am perfectly happy with my burgeoning 8 month old."
Once the kids were all hyped up on sugar, chaos broke out. I am not quite sure how it happened, but one minute I was standing there and then the next minute I became a trampoline of sorts. At one point, I believe one of "ladies" actually came up and kidney-punched me. Definitely not "lady-like" behavior if you ask me. But then again, the "royals" are the ones who make up the rules and the rest of us have to play by them.
We have been spoiled these last couple of weeks having Jocelyn and the boys in town. We will sure miss them when they head back to California. Now I feel like I should throw in some type of of Shakespearian quote about how "parting is such sweet sorrow" and all, but that's corny and I don't do corny. : )




0 comments:
Post a Comment