While Nate made dinner, the kids and I started to make our sugar cookie batter. The recipe usually calls for the dough to refrigerate for a few hours, but this time, I was actually on top of my game, and had the dough planned for Saturday night followed by rolling, cutting, baking, and decorating for Sunday.
Now when we bake, everyone busts out an apron and the music gets turned up loud. Usually, this results in an impromptu dance party. Maybe it is the Christmas music, or maybe I have been sniffing the vanilla a little too much, but something about baking makes me deliriously happy. I would love to have my own bakery full of delicious fattening treats. Then again, I am not exactly a morning person and getting up at 3 AM to run a bakery is less than appealing. That and I would probably end up eating all my merchandise and would wind up weighing 800 pounds.
Just as a warning, if you so happen to receive a plate of cookies from us, please be aware there is a high probability that Brynlee has sampled everything in and on that cookie. Nate finds this a little distasteful, but then again, maybe this was in reference to our dance moves. One can never be sure with him.
0 comments:
Post a Comment