Nov 21, 2013

Making the Nice List

In the days leading up to Christmas the kids could hardly contain their excitement. Now, I don't know if they really know what is coming up, or if there is just some infectious holiday mood in the air they can sense, but either way, the kids have been trying to be on their best behavior. With only five days left until Christmas, all the kids have been trying their hardest to make it onto the "nice list" this year.

For starters, Bryn and Liam have been helping with the after dinner dishes. Usually, a fight will ensue over who gets to stand on the little stool and who gets to use what sponge, but tonight, they embodied the true Christmas spirit and were willing to put aside their differences in a joint effort to get the dishes done. After all, fighting children are definitely not on the "nice list."



And then we have one of the biggest causes of conflict: Grandma. All three of these kids love their Grandma Charlene and sometimes they get a little jealous when Grandmas holds just one of them. The best way to remedy this situation is to all crawl up onto her giant bed and snuggle together while she reads them a Christmas story. Sharing is absolutely a quality that kids on the "nice list" must exhibit.


And lastly, these kids having been playing together nicely. Typically, this is not an issue. Liam is very generous to share his art creations that he makes at daycare. When he came home with these gems one afternoon, Liam refused to take off his reindeer antlers and was happy to have someone sport his elf ears. Hudson is even getting old enough to get in on the action. These three love to snuggle in the giant luv sac while thinking of the all the loot Santa will be placing under their Christmas trees in a few short days. Playing nicely with others is probably the most important part of making the "nice list." 




Well, for all intents and purposes, I guess these three hoodlums made the nice list this year. I know, I know, I am a little surprised myself. I was banking on the fact that they wouldn't make the "nice list." Darn. I guess I will have to go buy presents after all.  : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment